Reine Duell Bethany - Author and Illustrator
My Blog

Undeserved EMplyment versus Hempstead Schoolchildren

The more I study the history of the Hempstead Public Schools, the more it looks to me as though the needs of the district's children succumbed to the fear of unemployment among some of the African American people on the school board and in the Village of Hempstead.
     I didn't believe it at first when some people claimed that the school system was ruined by decades of patronage, in which one particular school board member got herself into a position to hire unqualified applicants in exchange for portions of these applicants' paychecks. But with time and research and talking to people who worked in the school system -- teachers and service providers who actually were qualified -- I realize that yes, this person actually was given de facto control over hiring. The only reason I can imagine this scenario being allowed is that African Americans have, not always, but too many times, been betrayed by a white-dominated system when seeking jobs.
     This fear of not getting employed could (and apparently did) lead to a system of bad record keeping and hiring of incompetents that kept village African Americans employed, but dreadfully betrayed the village's children.
     I don't get it. The whole scenario makes me sick. I can understand one person having the temptation to enrich herself by playing on the fears of her group; but I don't understand people taking advantage of her underhanded offers instead of exposing her.
     By 2010, other villagers did indeed make legal attempts to expose here, but it was several years before she was finally voted off the school board; and she is apparently still trying to manipulate results behind the scenes.
     I won't name this person here because I am so upset. Also, I have more fact-finding to do. Perhaps someone will see this blog and add enlightening comments.

11 Comments to Undeserved EMplyment versus Hempstead Schoolchildren:

Comments RSS
essay service review on Thursday, June 07, 2018 5:45 AM
I completely agree with what you have to say as it is extremely disrespectful and hurts me. There has been a special place for teachers as they are the ones giving education.
Reply to comment

Reine Duell Bethany on Friday, June 29, 2018 3:04 PM
Sorry I did not see your comment earlier, essay service review! The teacher are indeed the heroes in situations like ours.

custom research paper writing service on Thursday, November 29, 2018 4:58 AM
The reason why we enter schools, colleges, and universities is for us to learn something that we can use to apply for a job and get employed. It is also not a shame to the school if there are few people who graduated there and still unemployed. It is not the school's problem because the school helps the people to learn. It is up to the person if he will get the opportunity to learn or ignore it. Education is important not the name of the school. Let us give value to all the education and grab the opportunity to learn and understand the given lessons.

dissertation help on Saturday, June 16, 2018 11:49 AM
I need to read about this story first. I haven't heard anything about it.
Reply to comment

Reine Duell Bethany on Friday, June 29, 2018 3:05 PM
Hello, Dissertation Help, You can google Hempstead Public Schools and read about this difficult struggle.

Lawrence Todd Maxwell on Thursday, November 08, 2018 1:55 PM
I admire people who keep sharing valuable stories through great writing. I'm glad to have read this blog. Thanks and hope to read more soon.
Reply to comment

Reine Duell Bethany on Saturday, December 08, 2018 1:36 AM
Hello, Lawrence, If you get time, tell me what you liked about the blog. Also, any stories of your own would be wonderful to hear. Reine

Amrita on Wednesday, December 05, 2018 4:58 AM
Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with me. body massage price in delhi
Reply to comment

Reine Duell Bethany on Saturday, December 08, 2018 1:35 AM
Thank you, Amrita. Perhaps you could share some experiences as well. I'd be interested! Reine

jntufstupdts on Friday, December 28, 2018 1:43 AM
Key Competencies - capabilities are practices (aptitudes and capacities) that the worker must need to effectively play out the fundamental occupation errands and satisfy the obligations of the activity, e.g. the capacity to examine data.
Reply to comment

hello-radio.org on Sunday, December 30, 2018 8:08 AM
This difference is very complicated and I want it more open.Lets put it in front of essay writing fellows to share their reviews about this.Thanks a lot.
Reply to comment