Reine Duell Bethany - Author and Illustrator
My Blog

Undeserved EMplyment versus Hempstead Schoolchildren

The more I study the history of the Hempstead Public Schools, the more it looks to me as though the needs of the district's children succumbed to the fear of unemployment among some of the African American people on the school board and in the Village of Hempstead.
     I didn't believe it at first when some people claimed that the school system was ruined by decades of patronage, in which one particular school board member got herself into a position to hire unqualified applicants in exchange for portions of these applicants' paychecks. But with time and research and talking to people who worked in the school system -- teachers and service providers who actually were qualified -- I realize that yes, this person actually was given de facto control over hiring. The only reason I can imagine this scenario being allowed is that African Americans have, not always, but too many times, been betrayed by a white-dominated system when seeking jobs.
     This fear of not getting employed could (and apparently did) lead to a system of bad record keeping and hiring of incompetents that kept village African Americans employed, but dreadfully betrayed the village's children.
     I don't get it. The whole scenario makes me sick. I can understand one person having the temptation to enrich herself by playing on the fears of her group; but I don't understand people taking advantage of her underhanded offers instead of exposing her.
     By 2010, other villagers did indeed make legal attempts to expose here, but it was several years before she was finally voted off the school board; and she is apparently still trying to manipulate results behind the scenes.
     I won't name this person here because I am so upset. Also, I have more fact-finding to do. Perhaps someone will see this blog and add enlightening comments.

10 Comments to Undeserved EMplyment versus Hempstead Schoolchildren:

Comments RSS
vacuumhub on Saturday, February 6, 2021 1:51 PM
Wanna buy a new vacuum cleaner? Check out the best vacuum cleaners for hard floor, tiles, carpets, pet hair, allergies, asthma and apartment under $100 or ...
Reply to comment

https://batzlog.podspot.de/post/zweiteiler/#comment0 on Monday, February 8, 2021 6:34 AM
Varnajalam Medias is the best candid and Wedding Photography In Pondicherry & One of the top photographers & Creative studio in Pondicherry, Cuddalore.
Reply to comment

wedding photographers in pondicherry on Monday, February 8, 2021 6:34 AM
Reply to comment

zapviews website on Tuesday, February 9, 2021 12:51 PM
Get The Best Quality and Resonable Views Services Online at Zapviews. Buy Now! Services for Instagram, Twitter, Youtube and Facebook at Cheap Rates.
Reply to comment

Hub News on Wednesday, February 10, 2021 1:39 PM
Hub News is the Fastest growing digital media platform in the Northeast India. Be Informed. Be Alert.
Reply to comment

https://cigarfrank.com on Saturday, February 13, 2021 1:28 PM
CigarFrank is the ultimate place to get updated with Cigars. Our professionals find and review the best and unique cigar brands all across the World.
Reply to comment

floors advisor on Monday, February 15, 2021 6:28 AM
Blot Up The Coffee · Step 2: Add Cold Water · Step 3: Apply Stain Remover · Step 4: Watch For Reappearance.
Reply to comment

Inspired Inspirations on Friday, February 19, 2021 7:45 AM
We’ve spent the last 3 years consistently tweaking and developing interactive tables to get the best experience for care home residents and education sector. When you purchase a table from us, you don’t just get the product, you also get the “know-how” to make sure it’s used daily and as effectively as possible!
Reply to comment

Jamey on Wednesday, February 24, 2021 7:52 AM
I have read your blog. Your is very great and cool. I want more similar topics about this post to increase our knowledge. Thanks for sharing and keep sharing. dumbbells for sale at low rate
Reply to comment

Awesome Food on Thursday, March 4, 2021 4:38 PM
Awesome Food is excited to announce that its tenth micro-grant of $1,000 has been awarded to Mike Bancroft of Co-op Image, a youth arts education and entrepreneurship organization based in the Humboldt …
Reply to comment