Reine Duell Bethany - Author and Illustrator
My Blog

Reading versus Coprehending

This morning I read the third chapter of the Gospel of John aloud in Spanish (Nueva Versión Internacional). I discovered that while I was decoding the relationship between sounds and print, I stopped comprehending what I was reading. The relationship between print and thought diminished because it isn't automatic. In fact, my thoughts wandered elsewhere while my brain sorted out the match between pronunciation rules and muscle mechanics.
     Surely this happens to my international students. Another possible project: studying the reading comprehension of my international students. For many, I suspect it isn't very good. Making them read aloud -- does it help my students comprehend what they read, or does it merely give me, the instructor, information about how well they decode aloud? I have to experiment on myself first.

9 Comments to Reading versus Coprehending:

Comments RSS
essayuniverse.net on Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:35 AM
The better reading comprehension of my international students and possible between pronunciation rules mechanics. Experiments on myself comprehending was reading the chances for more relationship sounds and print.
Reply to comment

customwritings.com on Thursday, August 16, 2018 7:15 PM
I won't read that. No offense but I think it's a waste of time.
Reply to comment

sam on Wednesday, August 29, 2018 1:51 PM
I like how you even have papersowl here too, like i hope you do realize that not so many people even offer that up, so i hope you keep on offering that up, because trust me the more that you offer that up, the more you will be admired for it !
Reply to comment

ways to get free steam money on Saturday, September 15, 2018 1:27 AM
very excellent post
Reply to comment

best paper writing service on Monday, October 22, 2018 8:02 AM
I love reading, actually. And what about you? Tell me more.
Reply to comment

v on Thursday, December 27, 2018 6:29 AM
vvvv
Reply to comment

12421 on Monday, January 07, 2019 1:39 AM
142142
Reply to comment

college writing service on Tuesday, January 08, 2019 4:16 AM
Reading is indeed different comprehending. There are a handful of difference between reading and comprehending. The difference between the two is that reading is going through the words without taking them into understanding while on the other hand, comprehending is understanding the meaning of the words that have passed between your eyes. A lot of individuals make the mistake of assuming that reading is not much different to comprehending. I hope that more people would understand the difference of the true words.
Reply to comment

buy essays online uk on Friday, January 18, 2019 4:00 AM
Reading and comprehending go hand and hand. Comprehending increases the pleasure and effectiveness of what we are reading. Understanding what we read gives us more knowledge and enlighten us the importance of what we read. Every story has its own moral lesson that can help us understand the mysteries in the world. Every writer dedicates their life writing the stories for people. There are a lot of great stories written by famous artist all over the word. Different genre, exposing the creative and imaginative way of writing about how to deliver the story to the people.
Reply to comment